WASHINGTON COUNTY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Washington County Chamber of Commerce (WCCC) is seeking to fill the position of Executive Director. The ideal candidate for the position would have a passion for Washington County and a desire to see the community and its members continue to grow and prosper.
- Strong communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Suites
- Experience in Marketing & Advertising (preferred)
- Able to lift 25 pounds
Below is a list of job duties performed by the Executive Director (this is not an exhaustive list).
- Responsible for acquiring new members and retaining current ones.
- Responsible for all general daily office duties; telephone and email correspondence with office hours open to the membership or prospective members and the community.
- Prepares agendas, distributes minutes and treasurer reports to the board in preparation for monthly board meetings. Secures location for the monthly board meetings.
- Responsible for the generation of invoices and statements to members and payments to vendors.
- Responsible for event coordination; getting vendors and/or sponsors, collecting payments, coordinating with any necessary city/county government entities, getting any necessary supplies. Responsible for coordinating Friday Night on the Square, Annual Dinner, Chamber Monthly Luncheons, Santa House and Christmas decorating around the square, and any other event that may come up (Grapes & Hops, 3 on 3 tournaments, etc).
- Responsible for marketing events through member emails, website, FB, distribution of flyers, etc.
- Maintains the Chamber website and social media accounts.
- Keeps the membership connected.
- Responsible for maintaining good relationships with Chamber members as well as keeping an overall good reputation, as the director position is the face of the Chamber.
- Maintain good working relationships with county and city officials including outlying communities like Campbellsburg and Pekin.
- Makes all deposits into the Chamber checking account.
- Works as an advisory to the board communicates gives updates and reports to the board.
- Maintain all records pertaining to the Chamber and its members.
- Coordinates and performs ribbon-cutting ceremonies for new members.
- Promotes Chamber and its members.
Hours: 8am-4pm with 1-hour lunch. Some nights and weekends will be required for chamber events.
Salary: $14.56 per hour + commission and bonus opportunities.
Medical Benefits: None
APPLY: Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
or Mail to:
Washington Co Chamber of Commerce
99 Public Square, Suite 201
Salem, Indiana 47167
MUST PROVIDE REFERENCES
DEADLINE TO APPLY JUNE 11, 2021